Sylhet Technical School and College (STSC) is one of the sixty four TSCs engaged in producing employable skilled manpower in order to alliviate proverty. It is even one of the big four of its kind. It is situated on Technical Road and on the south bank of the Surma river, in the southern part of the holy city of Hazrat Shajalal and Hazrat Shahparan. Sometimes called the city of two leaves and one bud, Sylhet. Being established in 1923 with the name 'The School of Handicrafts' and renamed in 1929 as 'Surma Valley Technical School' it has undergone several changes both in names and courses, all providing Technical Education eg. Trade courses, Diploma courses, 2 years Trade courses, 360 Hours Basic Trade courses, National skill standard courses etc, and now offering SSC(vocational) and HSC(vocational) courses under Bangladesh Technical Education Board.
It is a govt. institute for providing Technical Education.
It is under Ministry of Education and Directorate of Technical Education.